Friday, May 12, 2006

Jealousy and Knowledge Conveniently Wrapped Up In One Little Blog

First off, I have been tagged by Nettie to do the "Four Things About Me" meme. I was all excited until I realized that I had already done it! Poo.

So instead, here are Four Things I like about Nettie:

---She has the same name as my best friend from high school. How many Netties do YOU know?

---She is One Hip Chick. Do you know she has a teenager? She does not look OR act old enough to have a teenager. I hope I am that cool when my kids are teenagers. I'm pretty sure I won't be though since I am 26 and already am getting the smile lines and sunken eyes. By the time I am 30 I will most likely look like my 80-year-old grandmother. (who coincidentally looks pretty good for being 80 years old.)

---Nettie has fantastic ideas like this one. If I would have "known" Nettie two years ago she could have given me advice then and we would have been able to avoid the Great Poly-Vi-Sol Spilling Incident of 2004. Let's just say it involves an entire bottle of the stinky, dark brown goo and a 10 inch section of carpet in my bedroom. Even my beloved steam cleaner couldn't get it out.

---She makes me feel totally insecure about ever calling myself a Gardener. Have you SEEN her garden and what she planted this year? I can only aspire to that kind of greatness.


Okay, so enough about Nettie Bo Bettie. Here is what I have learned this week:

---There is no sense of being uncomfortable while throwing a tantrum. Earlier this week A-boy began his tantrum on the hardwood floor in the kitchen and soon realized that it didn't feel that wonderful to wail and gnash on such a hard surface. He took a 10 second break to troop over to the carpeted family room, got back on the floor and resumed his hissy fit. (Which was ignored, by the way)

---Greg hates when I give him a play-by-play of what is happening on every web page that I go to. I know. I am as shocked as you are.

---It is too early to plant tomatoes, zucchini, pumpkins and cucumbers in my neck of the woods. Everything I planted last Friday seems to have died of hypothermia. I have worked through 2 out of the 5 stages of mourning. I have done the denial and the anger. I'm now working on bargaining (trying to save them even though they are already gone), and depression (I am seriously wallowing about the whole situation). The fifth stage of mourning, acceptance, seems a long way off. How could they just DIE like that? Did I mention this supposed to be MY YEAR? I bet Nettie would never let HER plants die.

---There is hope for Jim and Pam. I was freaking out last night.


Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

sheri said...

Just have to give another shout out for "The Office"! What are we going to do w/out that show all summer?!

Shhhhhhhh! said...

I really enjoyed your comments about Nettie. I also think she a is pretty neat lady, but trust me when I say there have been times when I did not think so, since I have known her since the day she was born. lol

Rachelle said...

Ok, this post today - just plain funny. Just what I needed. And Em, I join you in worshipping Nettie's garden. I did planters this weekend and already have killed my marigolds - which people told me were supposed to be indestructible! You and I can join Brown Thumbs Anonymous. Except that sounds kind of sick and wrong.

Nettie said...

FOURTEEN things I like about Emily:

1. She likes me! I think she really likes me!

2. She works out to vintage aerobics video tapes.

3. She is Funny. With a capitol F!

4. She likes Rascal Flats, but not NASCAR.

5. She is very polite. She even introduces her bushes and trees.

6. Her comments always make me laugh. ( My birdies finally got their "boobies" and flew away!)

7. She always adds lots of pictures to her posts for illustrative purposes, even at the risk of her own life.

8. Did I mention, she's funny?

9. She is a great mom. She even makes up little songs to sing to her boys.

10. She's a supportive wife.

11. She quotes music from the 80's, see #10.(My era - yep, I am old!)

12. She likes living in Idaho. You go girl!

13. She uses really fun words like "Vay Cay" and "Friggin".

14. She's FRIGGIN FUNNY!

emlouisa said...

rofl!

Alicia said...

Um..I think I should have read this before we spent hours planting our garden this morning. They say you can plant after mother's day in our neck of the woods, Em....isn't that tomorrow? How is Jami's garden doing....she planted like a month ago.

I did mostly seeds, though...

frugalmom said...

Hey Emily, I am coming out of lurkdom to offer gardening advice. Here our last frost date is around May 10. If you plant non-frost-hardy plants (not seeds) before then, you need to use Wall-o-waters or paper cones (hot caps) or upside-down milk jugs to protect your plants if the forecast is for below 40 (because you can get a touch of frost even at 36 or 37 degrees). Try again, there is still plenty of time. The last couple years I haven't planted ANYTHING before June 1 and I still had more produce than I knew what to do with come fall. Good luck!
Monique

emlouisa said...

Thanks Monique!!!! HEY! Good to "see" you! Come around more often! (and show yourself, dang it)

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

Em, my HOUSE plants all died recently. I am sure they just did it because they hate me. WHY ME! WHY ME!?! Um...so I guess I'm still in the anger stage. We should start a support group or something

Lei said...

Yes, we love Emily! We love Emily!

We love Nettie! We love Nettie!

And to think i never got much into cheerleading... ;) For shame! Lol.

Anonymous said...

What a great post about Nettie..that was so cute of you. Just wait until you get to know her better...she is fantastic...we have only seen the tip of the iceburg. Good luck with your plants.

smart mama said...

love nettie
love em
love jim and pam

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Ooh, I loved the ending of The Office! Can't wait for next season!

I'm totally laughing about your little guy picking a more comfy spot for his ragin'.