Monday, April 17, 2006

This Blog is Brought to You Today by the Number Thirty Thousand

It seems I never have my camera with me when something memorable happens. I'm always kicking myself for not bringing it along. Luckily driving home from the Weekend of No Rest at the inlaw's house we did indeed have our camera. Greg was kind enough to put our very lives at risk to get this shot:


Can you tell what is so amazing? Nope, not the glowing airbag light, there to remind us that if we crash we will die at the hands of the steering wheel and front dash. Rest assured, we are getting it fixed on Wednesday. It is also not the fact that the cruise control is set at a steady 79 mph. Despite what my father-in-law says, I don't know anyone that has gotten a ticket for going 4 over the speed limit. Do you?

Okay, it is nearly impossible to see. I did a little cropping:


We hit 30,000 miles on our Pilot. Momentous. The kind of thing that makes you say, "Man, I sure wish I had my camera!" And lucky for us, this time we did. We wouldn't want the Pilot to feel like the redheaded stepchild of the family, no love and no pictures of the major milestones in her life.

And in case you are wondering, Greg didn't REALLY put us in jeopardy. Only sort of. I took a picture to prove that there were no cars around.


What a long, boring stretch of road. Isn't Idaho a thrill a minute? And aren't we just lucky to be experiencing 39 degree weather in the middle of April? That kind of excitement could lead to crazy, reckless behavior such as snapping pictures while driving 79 mph down the freeway.

And while we are on the subject of all things exciting, the same day that we hit 30,000 in our car, my blog got up to 3,000 hits. Not in one day of course, but total.

So thanks for checking in with me as much as you do. I have only been blogging for a couple of months but I LOVE it. I love to blog, I love to read your comments. It's definitely a bright spot in my day!

PS. Sorry that I had to turn on that pesky word verification. Hopefully that will eliminate the idiot spammers from posting their crud on my site. YOU HEAR THAT SPAMMERS? You suck.

14 comments:

Rachelle said...

What a pic! I love it when they hit 100,000.

emlouisa said...

Rachelle--Greg's car is over 180,000 right now. The dang thing won't die. But it's saving me a car payment so I'm not complaining.

~V~ said...

LOL! Now go get that airbag fixed!

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

rofl! I totally have a picture of my old car hitting some big ol' number. total kodak moments.

Andrea said...

wow, and your even driving on the wrong side of the road. You are reckless ;)

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Nice! I always wishI had my camera around. Now that I am liking blogging so much, I keep telling Ryan I need a smaller, cheaper camera to just keep in my diaper bag all the time...

Misty said...

39 degrees? That sucks. But yay for 30,000 miles! I remember when I hit 200,000 on my Buick. I pulled over and had a moment.

Stacy said...

Oh that road looks all too familiar! YUCK!!! But yeah for getting a memorable pix!

Valarie said...

lol! I have a picture of my first car hitting 100,000. We'll probably be there with our current car in the next year. Maybe we'll have it paid off by then. :P

Kristen said...

my husband's truck is close to hitting 200,000. He's convinced it'll go to 300,000. I think I'd better get a pic of that, too! LOL.

Alicia said...

We have, oh, about 22000 miles to go until then on the van. But, I think I'll keep the camera in there for that special moment.

Heather said...

I'm taking a picture when our van hits 300,000 miles!!! Which we are only 20,000 miles away from at this time!

sheri said...

You crack me up!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I was lucky to have just pulled up the elem school when our car hit 111,111 2 weeks ago. Scooter thought it was way cool.