Saturday, April 01, 2006

To My Oldest Baby

Dear A-Boy,

Tonight as I got you ready for bed I thought about how much I love you. You picked out your jammies, cause your old enough now. We brushed your teeth and you kept biting the toothbrush and laughing. I let you pick out which books to read and you curled up on my lap in anticipation.

Every time I read with you I am astounded at how smart you are. You know so much more than I realize. And even though you are just over 2 years old you have a great sense of humor. You are always teasing me and tickling me. You always remember to tell me that you love me. If anyone looks sad you make sure to ask if they are okay and give them big hugs and kisses.

After reading we said prayers. You kept trying to touch my lips as I thanked Heavenly Father for you. It made me laugh, and it made me grateful.

There was a time when we weren't sure that you were going to make it. Not a day goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for allowing you to be here with us. You are my Sunshine, My Baby. And I love you more every single day.

I know I could be a better mom to you. I will try harder. Please don't grow up too fast.

Love,
Mom

11 comments:

Lei said...

That was so sweet. I can see why you're in love with him... he's so darn cute!

Stacy said...

TEARS!!! How sweet was that? I almost feel like I was evesdropping and shouldn't have been blessed to hear such a sweet little "love letter". Thank you for sharing it with us!

Andrea said...

Emily you have me crying. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Awwww! So true! What a beautiful letter to your ds. So sweet!!

sheri said...

So sweet

owlhaven said...

Oh, they do get big fast, don't they???

Mary, mom to many, including one graduating this spring....! How did THAT happen???

Alicia said...

That little A is easy to love! Make sure you print out a copy---it belongs in his scrapbook!!

smart mama said...

glad someone else is as sentimental as me

Rachelle said...

That was so touching! Aren't our children such a precious miracle? I love posts like this!

Valarie said...

well said! That is really sweet, and he's such a cutie.

Jane said...

So sweet!
He is adorable.