Thursday, April 06, 2006

Five Things I Have Learned This Week

---I am not ready for A-boy to give up naptime. Yesterday he didn't take a nap. I put him down for one as usual and he spent TWO hours in his room, on his bed, just talking to himself and yelling, "MOOOOOMM" every 10 minutes or so. At least he wasn't screaming or trying to get out. I am not sure if this is because of the newfound freedom he has with his new bed or what the deal is. Hopefully this will not happen again. I SO need the hours between 1pm and 3pm to myself. When else would I have time to spend mind-numbing hours on the internet? (Besides after bedtime...)

---All good things must come to an end. And that is why I am not longer the Junior Primary Chorister. I am glad, I am burnt out. But I am sad too. I will miss the kids! They are all so wonderful. I am not a good singer by any means, but they still liked me. The teachers probably think I am a little nutso for making a fool of myself in front of everyone for nearly two years but that's okay. The kids laughed and hopefully learned a little bit in the process. That's what is important.

I got to love all the kids, but some I got to know a little better than others. Little Bethany brought a picture she colored for me during Sacrament Meeting. She was so proud of it! Jake waves at me in the hall and tugs on my skirt each week until I ask him how he is and give him a hug. He went home a couple weeks ago and asked his mom if I could come over for dinner. His mom says he has a crush on me. That's right. A five year old boy has a CRUSH on ME! I am so flattered. Alexis asked her mom if they could bring treats to me for FHE. They all give me shy waves when they see me at the grocery store and they tell their moms, "Look! There is my teacher!" I was always so proud.

I have been ready to start a new calling for a while now, but I didn't realize how sad I would be to leave. Hopefully they won't stop saying "hi" to me. That will make me so sad!

---I have a new calling! I am the secretary in the Young Women's Organization. I'm pretty excited! I love being in Young Women's. Not only do I get to hang out with people who like to listen to the same music as I do, but I will have the "in" on who the good babysitters are. That is always a good thing.

---You should never call in to the radio station if you don't know what you are trying to win. However if I DO win, we will probably go. I've never been to Phoenix. And the Arizona gals tell me that it is like, 85 degrees right now. I could handle that! I'm tired of wearing a jacket and being cold. (Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll be eating my words in July.)

---I cannot resist Old Navy's 2 for $10 sale. I bought 9 shirts, mostly v-neck tees, with the promise of returning at least three. (I know. I have a problem.) I am trying to branch out so I bought bright colors, even teal and orangey pink. AND I bought something that has stripes. That may not be that big of deal to some people, but for me, it's HUGE. Colors in my closet consist of black, dark blue, light blue and white. I promised Greg I would return the light and dark blue tees that I bought for comfort. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, people! I wore the orangey-pink shirt yesterday. I felt a little self concious wearing such a bright color since I am so shy and all, but it wasn't too bad. Maybe this can work.


So there you go! Hope you have a fantabulous weekend with lots of sunshine!

16 comments:

Alicia said...

I only bought five Old Navy shirts. I'm so not as cool as you. I did, however, buy the same striped one as you. If I know I'm going to see you, I will leave my stripes at home.

smart mama said...

way to be brave...have fun with the new calling-yw is fun (busy- but fun- yes i have spent more yrs as a leader than years as a youth)

beckylou said...

You're shy?? I wouldn't have ever guessed!

Congrats on your new calling!

Rachelle said...

I am jealous of your new calling. I love YW! And yay for you on branching out!

sheri said...

Yay for your new calling! YW is really fun. And yay for your new shirts! You need to show us a picture of your shy self in the bright one. I bet it looks great.
Oh ya. And booo on skipping naps. Maybe it was just a fluke. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Meemer said...

congrats on being in the yw. I so covet your calling

Katy said...

I'm jealous of your calling! So jealous.

Aidan and Taya are boycotting naps together - ARGH!

I wanna see you in your bright shirt. I only bought 3 shirts, I wonder if it's still going?

ShelahBooksIt said...

I only bought two shirts. And two pairs of flip flops. And a shirt for Annie. And a pair of jeans. And two bathing suits. And a purse.

So I think I got sucked into the Old Navy cheapfest even more than you did.

Anonymous said...

I'm so with ya on the colors thing! My sister did a fashion intervention a couple years ago and informed me that NAVY IS NOT A COLOR. IT's A NEUTRAL AND DOES NOT COUNT. Life changed, and guess what? I wear pink now. And yellow. and green. And purple. YEA! So glad you're doing it too. Doesn't it make you feel more cheerful?

Anonymous said...

I only bought two, but like you I am tring to buy more colors. At first it was so hard to leave the house but now I am getting used to it! Congrats on your new calling!

Jane said...

I am jealous of your calling too, I miss YW. Still feel lost in primary.

just a FYI it was 90 today in Phoenix... I hope you win that trip.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Your new calling sounds fun!!! You will be great!

Good for you wearing color!!! And, um....shy???!?!?!!

Unknown said...

I was ad when I got released from Primary too...But now I am in the nursery where I truly belong!!
Congrats on the new calling!

Lee said...

I didn't get any Old Navy shirts.. hmmm maybe I need to go shopping.
YAY for the bright new colors, they are so fun!!!

Lei said...

You shy? Rofl! You are gonna be great in YW, just like I know you were great in Primary!!!

Anonymous said...

i hate to tell you this, but the introduction of the big kid bed=the end of naps as we know it at our house...