Thursday, May 25, 2006

You've Got a Friend In Me!

This is A-Boy. He is 2 1/2 years old.

This is A-Boy with his best friends Buzz and Woody.

He traps them in this dishwasher basket.

(along with anything else that can "fit")

Where A-Boy goes, Buzz and Woody go.

Here they are chillin' in Mom's makeup drawer.

Sometimes Buzz and Woody get to travel in style via Backpack.

And sometimes they get hang with Horse and Cow in a blue bucket with a rabbit on it.

On bad days, they are attacked by flesh-consuming rubber bands.
The HORROR!
They accompany A-Boy as he dines.

Buzz and Woody occasionally disguise themselves as eating utensils.

(which is why Mom is grateful for the dishwasher basket)

Mostly though, they plot their escape.

Apparently it is easier to do that while standing on remote controls.

Attempts to sneak out via the central vacuum system were thwarted by a red Jello Jiggler that has been encrusted inside one of the plugs for at least 3 1/2 months.

And every so often they risk their very lives to escape over the back fence and into the jungles of the pocket park behind our house. Luckily A-Boy has a very attentive Mommy who checks the fence every night for escapees.

Did I mention they are polite? They are. They say please and thank you. They ask if the other one is "okay" if they fall, then they rescue them.

Yes, we love Buzz and Woody at our house.


And my kid is stinkin' cute.

24 comments:

~V~ said...

Very cute post! The kid is pretty cute too! ;)

Valarie said...

Em, you crack me up. Do you have spares in case they ever do make a clean getaway?

Anonymous said...

I think A-boy is adorable! I hope my kids are as creative and cute as he is. Thanks for sharing.

Katy said...

Very pictoral! I love it.

Andrea said...

That is just the cutest post ever! Ethan loves Buzz too but he never gets to have adventures like that.

emlouisa said...

Val--YES! We have spares. Currently he has 5 Buzzes and probably 3 or 4 Woodys. He had a LOT more but the numbers slowly dwindle since they also like having "adventures" in the garbage can and I dont' catch it.

Santa got a good deal on them for Christmas.

Nicole said...

All I can say is SO CUTE!

Blackeyedsue said...

Yes he is!

Nettie said...

I love photo laden posts, especially of darling little boys! My son went through a Buzz and Woody stage years ago. This made me feel a little sentimental and wish I'd saved his from his garage sale a couple weeks ago.

Vanessa said...

I loved that...it was so cute! Ds was looking at it with me and was saying how much he likes Buzz and Woody, too.

Grammy said...

I loved it when my kids had "special friends" (read this objects that they needed with them at all time in order to live). I made our son a beautiful rag doll named Rocky (dressed in manly overalls) that was the object of his adoration.

Your son is so cute!

Kristen said...

Awesome! I believe A-boy and my Care Bear would be the best of friends. Care Bear has the dishwasher basket, the Woody and Buzz, the "Little People" animals and the same blue plastic bucket with the bunny. Bring him on over sometime to play! :-)

smart mama said...

hey how come your make drawer is cleaner than mine-- i refuse to post mine at present- woody and buzz would have been abducked by rogue lipsticks at my house

Jane said...

Could he be any cuter??

I don't think he could, he is so stinking cute. I loved the pictutes. Kids are so funny, the things they do with their toys. I should show you all the cool places Barbies hangs out at our house. ;)

sheri said...

Great pictures. Love this post!
And I must agree...he's 1 stinking cute kid. (although I would've thought you'd have said "friggin" instead, but whatever)

Alicia said...

That is so cute!!! I love it!

A-boy is definitely stinkin' cute. I think Fat Girl has her firstlittle crush on him...and I approve!

I just want to know how on earth you get away with having an "unlocked" makeup drawer! There'd be lipstick all over the walls at my house.

Unknown said...

Awww! I have a recovering Buzz and Woody addict! My ds has a 5x3 poster that my dad got for him for a pretty penny hanging on his wall! He is almost 6 and still loves to dress like Woddy. He went to school Thurs in his Woody garb. What is it about that movie?! I have known so many little boys hooked on that duet!
I love you r little guy. He is a DOLL!!!!

Gabriela said...

Cute post! I love it when my kids are attached to things (except when we lose them, and then I hate it).

Cute kid for sure!

sheri said...

ps. Kyle wants to come play at your house. :)

Elozia Marie said...

he'd definately stinkin' cute! What an awsome imagination!

Stacy said...

Oh I SO relate to you! My D has 4 Woody dolls and 3 Buzz dolls (full-sized, and should I be calling them dolls?) a couple Zurgs, Mr. Potato Heads, Jessie, Bullseye, Rex... they go everywhere with us. And if he isn't busy being Harry Potter, he's either Buzz or Woody!

Erin said...

Your boy is so cute! My little guy seems obsessed with those two characters too. He sees Buzz Lightyear in every cloud formation. They're so fun.

Erin said...

Your boy is so cute! My little guy seems obsessed with those two characters too. He sees Buzz Lightyear in every cloud formation. They're so fun.

Gina said...

Stinkin' cute is right!!!!