Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This is what you blog about when you can't think of anything good to blog about.

I WANT to blog. I actually made TIME for blogging today. It's just that nothing is coming to me. I started two different entries today and deleted them both since they were lame-o. So instead of writing another very profound and thought provoking piece I am sitting here eating a very nutritious lunch consisting of Top Ramen, Cadbury Mini Eggs, celery and Diet Dr. Pepper.

So let's dissect this exciting meal.

Top Ramen: I dunno, it just sounded good today. I haven't had it in...oh, 6 months but I still didn't have to read the directions. Making msg I mean ramen is like riding a bike. You'll never forget how, even after an extremely long time. Why is it that we remember stupid stuff like how to make ramen but can't remember to put out the garbage until we hear the truck down the street? The truck comes every single week! I'm so glad my brain stores such useful information.

Cadbury Mini Eggs: These things have been taunting me from the freezer since Easter. I hid them there hoping that I would forget about them. That worked for about 4 days, until I had to rummage around for a large bag of chicken breasts. I figured I wasn't doing myself any favors by keeping the Mini Eggs around. How can I eat healthy when there is such a cornucopia of food in my kitchen that is bad for me? I need to be rid of all chips, cookies and chocolate if I am going to have success at losing these last 15 pounds. And I can't throw stuff like that away. What kind of a wasteful person would that make me? So, you see, eating is really the best way to dispose of them.

Celery: I grabbed a ziploc of these when I grabbed the Mini Eggs. I thought if I included them in my lunch I would munch on them more than I would the Mini Eggs. This plan failed miserably. I first ate most of the bag of Mini Eggs, then ate a few celery sticks before going back to more Mini Eggs.


Diet Dr. Pepper: At least it is diet. The grocery store by the inlaw's house had 12-packs of soda 5 for $10. I went a little crazy and came home with 15 cases. I ignored the stares while standing in line to purchase them. When we got home I loaded them from my trunk as fast as I could so that the neighbors didn't see our soda addiction. Fifteen cases is a lot. I figure it is food storage. If a natural disaster occurs we may not have food, but we will be caffenated. You gotta have priorities.

And speaking of diet soda, the new Diet Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper is, in my opinion, not good. If anyone is in love with it, I've got an 11-pack in my garage with your name on it.

So yeah. Life right now isn't super-exciting and is only semi-blogworthy. But, here is the latest: My kids have decided they don't like each other. A-boy hurled his sippy cup at Mini-Man today and smacked him on the melon. That took a while for Mini-Man to recover from. A-boy takes his toys, just to take them. Mini-Man has started to cry whenever A-boy is around, so that's fun. He is also 9 months old and still not crawling. And instead of TRYING to crawl he lays on the floor like an upside down beetle, wriggling all of his appendages and screeching like a wee schoolgirl.

Speaking of screeching, I am hearing it now. That would be my cue that this blog is finished. Naptime is over.

14 comments:

Amber said...

Fabulous lunch. Love it.

Ditto the new berry Dr. P. Not good. It's almost too sweet. Diet Cherry Vanilla is my fav though.

My kids haven't liked eachother for a while now. I keep wondering when they will. My mom told me it might be a few years- like 20. Thanks a lot mom.

Alicia said...

Got anymore of those mini-eggs? I'd be glad to help you out by taking them away so they don't tempt you anymore.

My kids just don't like me. That has to be why they are torturing me today.

Anonymous said...

Um, the mini eggs are part of my daily meals too! But the celery... what a way to ruin lunch! And I agree the new Dr. P is gross! I'm with you, I gotta eat all the goodies so I can start to eat healthier without those yummy temptations!

Nettie said...

So, is this the new four food groups: oriental, chocolate, vegetable and soda? Sounds like a square lunch to me! (As I eat Andes mints by the fistful...)

Amy Pennington said...

Girl we are kindred spirits. That sounds like a great lunch.....I am seriously laughing my head off.
Ames

Rachelle said...

LOL at the boys and crawling description. Cam didn't crawl until 10 months. Is it any surprise he isn't walking yet? And what a great lunch. I am overly impressed by it. ;)

Lei said...

Lol, lol, lol.

And just wait until miniman turns onto A-boy. Lately Drew has been the aggressive one, and I can't help but chuckle at his 4 yr. old brother running from him. Hey, what goes around comes around!

sheri said...

I just bought the non-diet Berry Dr Pepper and like it. Course, I like anything w/Dr Pepper in it. I'll try the diet later. Maybe that's worse.

sheri said...

Oh ya...forgot to add...Kelly will be 9 months on the 12th and isn't even SITTING yet. Lovely.

lackrik said...

LOL! We had the $2/12 pack sale the other week so we stocked up like there's no tomorrow! I seriously have over 25 cases in my garage and consider them part of my food storage. ;)

Andrea said...

Dr Pepper is the most revolting drink i have ever tasted! It tastes like cough medicine. lol But you have inspired me to have a noodle omlette for dinner.

Nettie said...

You are hilarious, girl! I just read a couple of comments you made on my blog and had to come compliment you. Thanks for the giggles!

Jane said...

Em--
You make me laugh! I loved your blog, what do you mean it wasn't blog worthy? I loved finding out what you had for lunch! LOL

You are the best-

Anonymous said...

I remember when you would make your own Alphabet soup back in the good old college days. I was amazed they really made ABC shaped noodles.