Friday, February 03, 2006

Five Things I Have Learned This Week

In no particular order:

---Choosing an doctor purely based on his hotness factor is not generally the best idea. However in my case he turned out to be quite competent as well so it all worked out. Besides, what's wrong with getting a little EYE CANDY at the EYE DOCTOR? Thanks for the referral, Jenn. You were right.

---I talk way too much. I went to Girl's Night Out (GNO) last night with some friends and talked their ears off. Why can't I just shut up and let someone else have a word in? Seriously folks. It's like diarrhea of the mouth. Maybe it's lack of adult conversation during the day. Or maybe I'm just a loudmouth. I'm guessing that is probably it. I'm just a loudmouth. They probably go home and tell their husbands, "Emily won't shut up for ANYTHING!" And they are right. I most likely won't.

---One should always make sure the windows are rolled up before entering an automatic car wash.

---M does not love prunes. Unfortunately for him it was a necessary evil after eating lots of rice cereal and sweet potatoes. The good news is that it worked. No more roly polies for this guy.


---Electrasol 2 in 1 Gelpacs with Jet Dry Rinse Aid sucks. I bought the green apple scent and spent the entire week trying to figure out why my kitchen smelled like bug spray. Plus it left dried on food particles on 3/4 of my dishes. I went to their website to complain. They have a fantastic offer! If I am not satisfied with their product they will send me a coupon by mail good for any one (1) Electrasol product valued up to $4.29. Just what I want. More of the stinky, ineffective crap. I thought about doing it just to get something free and then I realized that I had to print the coupon out, enclose a UPC AND a sales receipt in an envelope and then snail mail it to them. In all honesty it is not worth my time and more importantly the stamp. I'm feeling the crunch since they raised the price.


So another week goes by. I contemplated kissing my calendar today because it is Friday but I had just applied lipstick and didn't want Greg to wonder why it was getting more action than he was. Jealousy is never a positive thing.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Em - you make me laugh everytime. Be careful with those prunes. We gave them to Camden months ago and he hasn't stopped blowing out an outfit since (another one today). And I am loving the calendar getting more action than dh. I am so in love with your blog!

Lei said...

ROFL, Emily! Your IQ has definitely gone up this week. ;-)

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Ah, yes, I also suffer from diarrhea of the mouth. It is one of the resons I blog. No one interupts and if I am talking to much then...click...

Alicia said...

Em, please don't stop talking...I love listening! I think I talk more than you, though.

Mr. Mom said...

Ditto on Rachelle's post!! I have never regretted something so much in my life as when I fed Cam prunes. "Very good Kronk! Now get the snack..."