Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh How I Love Customer Service!

So on Friday I bought one of those teething feeders for M. I figured that since he looks at us longingly every time we have Big People Food that I could be kind enough to throw a banana or apple in the feeder once in a while and let him go to town. He seemed to enjoy it but I couldn't get it open afterwards! I tried, Greg tried, we both tried together. Nothing. Really, really aggravating. So I tossed it.

Last night I am being completely bored so I decide to email the company and tell them that their product sucks. I was nicer than that though. I told them that the little yellow latches on the side of the teething feeder were very hard to open and that after using it once I ended up throwing it away because it wasn't worth my time to try to get the thing open each time I wanted to use it.

This is their response:

Hello and thank you for visiting our website. I am sorry to hear of the problem you had with the teething feeding. If you ever have a problem with a product of ours please let us know so that we could get you a working replacement. Because you threw it away I will not be able to send a replacement, give a refund, or a merchandise credit. If I can be of any future assistance please let me know. Thanks and have a great day!

At first I was very impressed that she knew I was having problems with the Teething Feeding. M is teething, so feedings are not going that well lately as he has been trying to use me as a chew toy. How she knew this I don't know. Psychiatric powers? I'm not sure. But it was a very kind thing for her to be concerned. I was, however, a tad bit annoyed at the rest of the email.

Here is what I wrote back to her this morning:

Thanks for getting back to me. I did throw the product away. I didn’t think you would want me to send you a teething feeder with 4-day-old black banana smushed inside of it. Maybe I’m wrong? I wasn’t able to clean it out because I couldn’t get the top off, which really, was the whole reason I was dissatisfied with the product. I would go fish it out of the garbage but it was trash day today and it’s already gone. Good to know for next time I guess.

Have a great day.


I realize I was a little on the snarky side, but hopefully I got my point across. I'll let you know if I hear back. I'm guessing I will not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it that you emailed them twice about it. (Go to Everyday Hogwash and see if you can win some money for this post!)

Lee said...

I can't believe they won't do anything since you threw it away. That is so dumb! I love your response though!!

mommy to six J's said...

I love your respose I just recentley bought a electric gate that is a piece of junk a expensive piece of junk thatis.I was able to take it back to target only to recieve another gate that is a piece of junk.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I am glad you responded and with so much 'tude. I liked it. I also bought onee of those crappers for Finn, I broke my nail opening it (Waaa, I had just got them done about an hour earlier) Ryan was like "Oh you better call them". Um, your product broke me nail...

Rachelle said...

Em, you are my hero. I think you should buy another one, just to send them a moldy banana. It woudl almost be worth it. Did they email you back at all?

owlhaven said...

We had the same problem with one of those things!
Mary