Monday, February 20, 2006

Our Very Accurate Ear Thermometer

I realize that most people say that ear thermometers are not at all accurate. They have yet to use OUR ear thermometer, which at least in one instance last night was quite correct.

I was so sick last night. I don't know what I ate or which of the Primary Children is actually a disease-ridden carrier monkey but I spent half the night bowing over the toilet hoping that my water wouldn't break. I know that doesn't make sense since I am NOT pregnant, but my water broke from throwing up during my pregnancy with M and I still have the fear every time I harf. It does not make much sense but a lot of thoughts I have don't make much sense.

A was sick with a bad cold and kept crying for us so Greg decided to bring him to bed with us. He took A's temperature since he felt a little warm but the button on the thermometer kept sticking and wouldn't work. He tried to fix it, then got frustrated and said, "You stupid piece of....." He then looked at the screen to see if the display is telling him anything.

It said POS.

And I am not lying. If I would have felt any better at all I would have taken a picture. We were laughing so hard that I started to cry. Yes, our thermometer is very accurate indeed.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

ROFL.

Rachelle said...

LOL! That is way too funny. Hope you all start feeling better soon.

Becky said...

That's hilarious! Ours should say that. We can't figure out how to even work it!

Hope you're feeling better!

Lei said...

That's hilarious Emily!

owlhaven said...

Hilarious!!!!
Mary

MusicalMom said...

That's SO FUNNY!

However, the first time I saw POS (my eyes jumped ahead) I was thinking of the acronym:

Pee On a Stick. ;)

Carrie said...

That is too funny.:)

Kathryn Thompson said...

In our house, we enjoy the expression - steaming pile. I definitely wish our ear thermometer had a SP setting. It NEVER works.