Friday, March 17, 2006

Four Things I Have Learned This Week

---Today I read the comments of my last blog entry only to find out that I am the Friday Flip-Up Blogger of the Week! Talk about a way to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! J.D. said all sorts of nice things that made me all smiley today which is good considering how incredibly lame I have felt all week. (Keep reading. You'll see what I am talking about.) J.D. is pretty funny too, so check out her blog called Tripping Over Cobblestones.


---I am nearly incapable of writing a short blog entry. I say nearly because I was able to do a short entry one time and the only reason why is because I was so disgusted at the subject matter. I write the way I talk I guess: Too dang much. (Keep reading) Oh well. You'll forgive, right?

---If I leave A alone in the family room/kitchen area for more than 2 minutes I will start hearing the screechy sound of a chair being pushed across my hardwood floor. If I leave him alone for more than 3 1/2 minutes I am guaranteed that the chair will reach the pantry and the following items will be on the floor: Bread, English Muffins, Cereal, Nutrigrain Bars. Apparently A has realized (along with the rest of us) that the Low Carb Craze is over. And if I leave him for 5 minutes I can be certain that the above listed items will be scattered across the recently cleaned carpet of my family room with a bite out of each slice of bread. It's hard to get mad at the boy though. If I expect him to be mature enough to sleep in a Big Boy Bed then I should also expect him to be self-sufficient, right?

---And finally, one thing I learned this week that I should have already known: A person should not blurt out frantically, "DON'T BUY THAT!" to unexpecting moms who are looking at the Evil Teething Feeder in Babies R Us. They will look at you funny and you will have to try to explain why not while they eye you suspiciously and wonder if they should call security. If you DO blurt it out, it would be better to just walk away at that point instead of mumbling on and on about rotten bananas and bad customer service. They will not understand what you are saying at all. You will end up feeling like a complete moron because you just KNOW they are going home and tell their husbands about the crazy lady that almost attacked them at Babies R Us. You will spend the next three days replaying it in your mind and wishing it was a bad dream. Why, oh why can't I keep my mouth shut?

Update: Greg just read this and reminded me that "That was really weird". Which was why he hightailed it out of there the second I started with the "DON'T BUY THAT!" It took me a good 10 minutes to find him and the kids afterwards. Love you too, hon.

Yeah, it takes a special person to be me. What have YOU learned this week?

11 comments:

Lee said...

ROFL!! I love you Em! You totally crack me up! I have learned the lesson of needing to just shut up way too many times. Wait maybe I haven't really learned it since I keep doing it!!!
I learned that everything works out how it is supposed to, even when it doesn't look there is anyway it will.

JD said...

AWESOME!! You is the Coolest!!

Anonymous said...

You are SO hilarious. So, did the person buy the evil teether thingie?

Andrea said...

What i learned this week is that laptops are not waterproof.
Even if that lady doesn't take your advice...i will!! no rotten bananas for me. lol

Lei said...

Oh how I love that story. You know from my blog that I am just trying to learn to let go right now, keep it real simple... you know, do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. That about covers it. ;)

T said...

I too feel obliged to tell people about the good, the bad and the ugly, especially in baby products.

Some of the things they sell are so USELESS.

Congrats on the Flip-up.

Rachelle said...

I love your blog Em! Congrats on getting the "Friday Flip up." And LOL about the teether thingy!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Emily, I try every time to be short. Not possible. I knew there was a reason I loved you!!! Well, to be honest there are several.

owlhaven said...

LOL--You're like me! I cornered a woman in Toys R Us and talked her ear off for 5 minutes. All she asked me was if a 3 year old would like to get a stuffed animal for a birthday present and I went on and on about stuffed animals (no) and legos (yes!) and basically gave her a little consumer reports article, except unedited and even more boring. She was looking wild-eyed when I finally released her.

Mary, whose many kids entitle her to hand out kid-shopping advice. (right?)

Anonymous said...

Hi Em,
In another life you know me as Cousin D. Methinks this blogging befits you. Keep telling 'em about the evil teether thingy, they'll soon understand your wisdom.

Alicia said...

It does take a special person to be you, Em! And I wouldn't take you any other way...well maybe as a minivan driver.