Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Things I Am Currently In Love With

---Fabric softener. Oh how I love it. I love how it gives all my clothes that deep-conditioned feel. I love that a week after I do laundry I can still smell the fabric softener on my clothes. It smells so clean and fresh! But, A-boy breaks out into all sorts of itchy little eczema pimples at the first sign of anything with fragrance so I am left to pine for my dear sweet Downy. I have since discovered Downy Free and while my clothes are soft and less wrinkly, they still don't smell yummy. I am living with it.

---Cheesecake. We went to PF Chang's on Saturday and I had been craving their cheesecake for weeks. Or months, who knows. No one but me wanted dessert though so I felt gluttonous ordering the mouthwatering masterpiece just for me. I should have ordered it. The craving has not subsided. And I'm still harboring bitterness that they wouldn't just SAY they would share it with me. Jerks.

---Sleep. Last night Mini-Man slept from 7:15 pm until 7 am. Finally. And I was actually smart (exhausted) and went to bed at 10:30 pm instead of piddling around on the internet until the wee hours. For the first time in at least a year I slept through the night too. Didn't even wake up with rocks in my boobs or having to pee. I could get used to that.

---Backyard fences. We have lived here for 2 1/2 years and just got one put in. I am looking forward to a summer that does not include panicking every 30 seconds because A-boy likes to run into the street. Three cheers for containment!

---This blog. There is not one time that I leave it without thinking that I need to work on being a better person. Lei has an inner strength that most can only dream of having. She is a wonderful friend with a wonderful blog. Bookmark it. Read it often. You won't be sorry!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Sleep - oh how i could use some of that!

Stacy said...

Here here! "Count your many blessings every doubt will fly - you will soon be singing as the days go by". What better way to make our days better than to remember our blessings and the things we love so much!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Lei is awesome and so are you. How random is this post, I ask you? Very. Random is good and so is cheesecake.

smart mama said...

oh i can't believe you missed cheesecake...i have learned to always satisfy a craving to avoid unecessary frustration and food anxiety

Kristen said...

I'm in love with sleep, too, but very rarely get it.

I like Lei's blog, too. :-)

Rachelle said...

I love Lei's blog. And yours too. Congrats on sleep! That is a great moment!

Katy said...

Things I am currently in love with: your blog and your hair today was cute too!

Unknown said...

I'd have to agree on all your listed items except cheesecake. I do like it...but I'd rather have brownies! YUM!!
Good for you for using self strength to go to bed earlier! I need to work on that as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh I want PF Chang's. I would give anything for a tofu lettuce wrap. The only asian food we have here is an all you can eat buffet where all the noodles have been sitting for so long they start moving to your mouth on their own.

love you sissy,
Samantha

Lei said...

(tearing up)... Emily you are the sweetest... going through sort of a weak moment right now (as you know)... I needed this, my dear friend!

owlhaven said...

yeah for a full night's sleep!! I haven't had that since....
hmmm... early 2004. Maybe I didn't really want to figure that out!

Mary, mom to many