Saturday, March 11, 2006

Today's Ups and Downs

Today started off as a wonderful day. Greg got up with the baby and let me sleep in until 9 something, which was absolutely heavenly. (Thanks, hon) We went to breakfast at a local family restaurant where the boys both acted like little angels. And I'm serious. M was smiling at the other patrons, A quietly colored on his paper kids menu and Greg and I spent the entire time waiting for chaos to ensue. It never did. Yeah, I know. Amazing.

After we finished I took A to the bathroom to clean the french toast and jelly off his face and fingers. Guess what was on the counter! You'll never ever guess. Not in a million, bazillion years.

It was a basket. Not just any basket though. A big, beautiful white basket filled with....drumroll please.....maxi pads. That's right, you heard me. Maxi pads. And not just any maxi pads. The Phone Book With Wings kind of pads. I had to wonder who exactly they were set out there for. Crampy employees? Customers that couldn't walk across the street to the local 7-11? Weird. If feminine hygiene products are needed so badly in your restaurant that you have resorted to putting decorative baskets of them on the counter maybe it is time you invested in a vending machine.

After breakfast we came home and put the boys down for naps. I decided that maybe I should venture out to the mall to purchase a badly-needed bra since the one I bought at Target on Thursday made me look like a 13 year old girl. I left Greg in charge of the sleeping boys (they didn't sleep, oops!) and I headed to the mall.

It took me 20 minutes to get there. I spend an additional 15 minutes driving around the parking lot looking for a place before I decided that it was a really bad idea to attempt the mall in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

So I decided to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. (am I stupid? You see where this is going, right?)

It took me 15 minutes to get there. I spent 10 minutes driving around the Walmart parking lot trying to find a space until I got flipped off by some guy who was trying to get around me. SCREW YOU, BUDDY! Argh. I started to wonder why I was there in the first place. I HATE Walmart with their full parking lots and their narrow aisles. Not to mention the fact that they are trying to take over the entire world. Why was I shopping there?

So before I was on the Six O'Clock News for road raging someone, I left and went to Albertsons.

It took me 5 minutes to get there. I found a parking place right away, close to the front even. I did my shopping and was outta there in less than 15 minutes. Oh, Albertsons. How I love your wide aisles and your overpriced groceries. Too bad you are going broke.

The rest of the day was uneventful, but nice. Greg's two sisters came for dinner and brought lemon cream pie from Marie Callendar's, so that is always good. I like pie. We left Greg (again) with the kids and went to see Failure to Launch. I LOVED it. Of course, Matthew McConaughey could be in a totally sucky movie and I might not notice.

So there is my Saturday for you. It was a good day, excluding the shopping fiasco. Now I just have to figure out a time to get myself back down to the mall sans kids. Bra shopping with two kids under the age of two and a half doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

shopping on a Saturday is HELL, i avoid it at all costs.

Heather said...

I made the mistake of going to Costco on Superbowl weekend (when our team was in the Superbowl, no less)....BIG MISTAKE!!! Have you ever seen a Costco with no spare shopping carts? I have!

Hope you find a good bra! lol

Rachelle said...

I hate shopping on weekends. Oh wait! What am I saying? There is no shopping in my town. Anyhoo, I hope you get a nice new bra soon!

Alicia said...

Walmart anytime=not a fun experience. Walmart on Saturday=NIGHTMARE! I hear you sister.

Measure yourself and buy online...it's the only way to buy bras.

Lei said...

Sat.'s are so bittersweet, aren't they? It's a day you know you can get out of the house, only that's what every other mom is thinking, too! It's mass chaos, lol!

lackrik said...

I'd rather slit my wrists than shop at Walmart on a Saturday.

Happy bra hunting...... ;)

Lee said...

Em go to VS and get a bra. They rock. I love the bras from there.

I love all the crowds shopping on Saturday.. it is fun for me. Weird, I know.

Unknown said...

I feel your Wal-Mart/Albertsons pain. I think the same thing everytime I go to those places.