Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Psst...Husbands. I Can Help!

Is your wife cranky? Tired? Are you still paying for royally screwing up Mother's Day? Good news! You can fix it!

Are you ready for this life changing experience? Are you sure?

Two words that have the power to change your life: Sticky Notes.

That's right. Sticky notes. Before you go to work in the morning write a sticky note similar to this (except use your wife's name in place of "Emily". That would be extremely bad form) and put it where you know your wife will see. Later on in the day she will be making lunch for a couple of whiney kids when BOOM. She opens the microwave and finds your note. She smiles. The kids are less annoying and she doesnt' feel the need to throttle them. She keeps that smile for the rest of the day.

When you get home she is extremely happy to see you. Maybe even a little willing to *ahem* be romantic after the kids go to bed.

The next day leave her a couple more notes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


She will be busy throwing things in the washing machine, she will open the cupboard and BOOM. There is a note on the Tide. It says, "Have a Great Day" so, she does. She smiles, and keeps that smile for the rest of the day.

And when you get home she is extremely happy to see you. Maybe even a little willing to *ahem* be romantic after the kids go to bed.

You see a pattern starting to form here? Yeah, so did my husband. And so did I. This one TINY little gesture has totally added the spark back in our marriage. I think of him more often during the day. I am nicer. I smile more. I try harder to be a better wife. Did I mention how crazy wonderful my husband is? It's true, he is. Love that guy.

So husbands, try it. It takes two seconds, what is there to lose? And don't use the "I can't do it because my wife told me to do it so now if I do it she will only think that I'm doing it because she told me to do it" excuse. Not only is it lame, it is confusing. Besides, your wife didn't tell you to do it. *I* told you to do it. Don't shoot the messenger.


Hint, hint: If you click on the envelope on the bottom right hand side of the page it will allow you to email this post to someone.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! I love getting "love notes". You have a wonderful dh, that's for sure. My secret is that I write love notes on the bathroom mirror in lipstick!

Brooke said...

If my husband did that, I might invite him home for "lunch" during nap time.

Blackeyedsue said...

Hmmmm...clicking the envelope RIGHT NOW!!!!

Andrea said...

lol i'm showing my dh your blog tonight.

Diana Mancuso said...

Great post! I have to email this one to my hubby. Oh, and by the by, I love your blog. Very cool.

Nettie said...

What a fantastically romantic husband! And thanks for the father's day gift idea: a bulk pack of sticky notes!

scraphappymama said...

Already sent it to hubby! What a cute post. You've got a great hubby. There's nothing like a cute note to lift your spirits on a crazy-mom day!!

Missy said...

That little envelope is such a gem! I passed on the "hint" to my husband....heheh. Let's hope he isn't to shocked when he finds a pack sticky notes in his Father's Day gift. ;)

Valarie said...

is that in crayon? because that totally ups the cute factor.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!! off I go to get the sticky pad I am going to the car and decking his computer bag.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

LOL!!! And, I LOVE getting notes like that...My sweet husband printed a bunch of little notes on Address Labels. At first I was ticked to see stickers on EVERY SURFACE in my house, from the pretzel box to the TV. But then I "Linsey is pretty" or "I like Linsey" or "Linsey is the best girl in the world" you get the idea....

lackrik said...

that is SOOO sweet!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Oooo....he wins major brownie points for that one.

Lee said...

Great idea, my dh should do that. Or maybe I should for him!!

Gina said...

You smarty pants! Yeah, I just emailed that to my hubby! Thanks so much for writing this. We all needed it!

Melissa said...

Okay, I totally emailed that to my husband! Thanks for the laugh!