Thursday, June 01, 2006

Five Things I Have Learned This Week

---My 10 month old is a total genius. Well, maybe not a genius to just anyone, but to me? A genius. He said his first word this week. And it was...drumroll...his brother's name. Yep. The cutest thing I have ever seen, except for maybe this picture. Krispy Krap I mean Kreme should pay me a lot of money for this, don't you think? Yeah, me too.

---Once you have children you should always check your water bottles for floaties before taking a sip. I drank half a bottle today before I looked down and realized that there were remnants of...something in it. The sad part is that this is the second time that has happened in TWO days. You'd think I'd learn. Either that or just suck it up and drink it anyway. I'm hoping I'll learn since I don't like chewing my water.

---The Dixie Chicks new album? At the risk of sounding like a high schooler and/or Napoleon Dynamite: It is totally sweet. I love it. There is not one bad song on it and each one is better than the last. I am glad they are back. I have missed them. I thought I was the only one, but apparently I am not. Good job, ladies.

---You should never put your kid in swim diapers BEFORE you drive to the waterpark.
Both of my kids peed on the way there. We (Greg) had to strip the carseats down to their nekidness so we could wash the covers. (Yay for Britax and their cute removable covers!) Hopefully the pee smell leaves my car soon or it is going to be a very LONG and very stinky summer.

---I have good friends. That's all. I learned this week how much they care about me. They have a fantastic way of making me feel loved and valued. I hope they all realize how much they mean to me. Love you guys!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is seriously way too cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I can't stop laughing... My dad would give me bottles of pop to drink, I would eat hot dogs, and stuff the hot dogs down into the pop bottle. My dad would suck them out and eat them, so gross!

Valarie said...

such a cute picture! and so sweet that his first word was A-boy. I'll agree on the genius claim. Kids don't usually get the hang of the hyphen that young.

Alicia said...

I'm so honored that I got to share in many of these moments this week. I feel truly special.

That M is seriously adorable.

sheri said...

Adorable! Kelly's gonna be 1 lucky girl when she finds out who she'll be marrying.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Holy crap that kid is CUTE!

Gina said...

Love this post! Yes, a genious indeed!

oshee said...

Adorable picture. I have a 10 mo.-old too. Perhaps the most adorable age for little boys ever. Course in a month I'll be saying that about 11 mo-olds.

QueenMeadow said...

Aww, how sweet! What a great first word :) Remind him of that when he is older and fighting with A-boy, lol.

Cute, cute little guy!

Lee said...

Adorable!! Seriously adorable!
It is so dangerous to drink after your children. Never know what you are going to get.

Lei said...

I almost lost my snickers ove rthe chewing you water comment. Ew, ew, ew!

xoxo

Andrea said...

so so cute!!! He gets cuter every time i see him!
My solution to the water bottle thing is to get one with the pop top. no backwah ;)

Nettie said...

I'll take a Krispy Kreme, but hold the water, thank you!

What a fun thing that his first word was A-boy's name. Doesn't that mean they'll be friends forever?

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

What a stinking cute picture! I still agree that he is a genius... I am not a country fan but I do like the Dixie Chicks too... All your friends love you too...

smart mama said...

haha i learned that lesson on the swim diapers luckily it was on my friens kitchen floor

Jane said...

Could he be any cuter??
Now I need a Krispie Kreme...darn you!

Missy said...

I have serious floaties phobias myself...;) Krispy Kreme has nothing on your son in the sweetness category! They owe you big.

Millie said...

What a darling kid - sorry about the hat choice! Krispy Krap, indeed.

I learned the hard way that "swimmy diapers" do NOT take the place of regular diapers. But it happened to be one day when we were out of regular diapers and used the swimmy diapers instead. That was a soggy, soggy day.

Erickson Family said...

Ditto on the water bottles. I always give my kids their own. I can't stand to share. It's a phobia of mine.

I'll have to get the new DC album. I have been waiting too! It sounds awesome.