Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pardon. I'm Busy Contemplating.

How are you doing, internet? I'm good, thanks for asking. Feeling mellow, feeling groovy. Completely opposite of two weeks ago when I did the Psychotic Freak Out on everyone around me. Okay, not everyone around me, just Greg. I was nice to everyone else. He got a raw deal.

I believe it started because he looked at me wrong or tied his shoes incorrectly or something. I'm not sure what. I sulked for a good 24 hours, got upset and more upset until all of the sudden I couldn't handle it anymore. I yelled and ranted. I cried and accused him of not missing me while I was gone and I'm pretty sure in that instance he was thinking, "Well, I didn't miss THIS!" I bawled and complained, yelled some more, tried to make him see MY point, which is kind of tough when you really don't HAVE a point. He kept saying, "Okay, what could I have done differently?" and I would get frustrated and say, "I DON'T KNOW!" because in reality there was nothing he could have done to fix things, since there wasn't really anything that needed fixing.

It was a REALLY fun day at our house. I was horribly embarrassed after I calmed down a bit and actually tried to think logically. I can probably count on one hand the times we have fought like that. We just don't do it! I spent the whole day trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with me. WHY on earth did I have such a cow over NOTHING? The answer came the next day when the good ole monthly cycle came a'calling. I told Greg that I started and he said, "AAAHHH." as in "That explains it!" Gee thanks.

I have lived without dear ole Auntie Flow for three years. THREE YEARS! I can't say that I have missed her at all. During that time I have either been pregnant or nursing. I have enjoyed it for the most part, but I am so ready to have my body back. No morning sickness, no more guilt that the spicy enchiladas I just ate are going to cause the baby to have issues. No more living in fear of the needle-like teeth of Mini-Man. Yes people. I am ready to have my body back. Not ready for the Surfing the Crimson Wave* every month, but I guess there are tradeoffs in every situation.

Doing the Family Thing last week in Yellowstone really made me realize how much I LOVE my life right now. I love to watch my kids giggle together and get into messes. (Well, I love to watch them giggle together MORE than I love to watch them get into messes.) I love being a little family of four. It suits us perfectly.

I am amused with how differently I feel about having another baby this time around. When A-Boy was Mini-Man's age I was SO ready to be pregnant. It just felt right. This time, not at all. I want a break. I want to just enjoy being a mom for a while, without the sleepless nights and cracked nipples. That is not to say we are finished having babies. Actually, I KNOW we are not. There is at least one more little one up there waiting for us. Right now is just not the right time.

Mini-Man had his last nursing session on Wednesday. The kid is growing up and I admit that I am too. Just a bit anyway. I'm in a different phase of my life than even a couple of weeks ago and so far I have to say that I like it.

Now if I could only have this phase of my life minus the PMS and everything that goes along with it, life would be grand.

Contemplation over.


*Dude. Can you like, totally tell me what 90s movie this is from and stuff?

12 comments:

Valarie said...

That is like, so totally from Clueless.

I also have irrational rage days. Fortunately, I have a very patient husband and they've only turned into fights a few times.

I'm jealous of your 3 year break. Maybe you should get an iud or something. ;)

emlouisa said...

DING DING DING!!!!

And VAL is the winner! Clueless it IS!

And haha about the IUD. FANTASTIC idea.

Anonymous said...

Those crimson waves suck! Doesn't af know that we fired her a long time ago?

Katy said...

Great post! The breaks are nice, I highly recommend having your body back for awhile. Who knew???

Who needs an IUD when there's abstinence??? LOL! (Like I would know about that...)

Alicia said...

I'm totally LOVING having my body back. It's fabulous, grand, and all those things.

Welcome to the club! :)

Anonymous said...

Since my husband and I have decided three's enough, I have seriously contemplated a hysterectomy. It would solve so many issues, but then it would probably create others.

Missy said...

I am laughing at your husbands, "ahhh" commment. I have heard that a few times myself.

I am glad that you are getting your groove back, though!

Unknown said...

IT's always great to find another LDS mom out there, especially one who is great with child! I know I'm due any day now.....

Gabriela said...

I could totally envision the fight, I've been there. It's like during it you KNOW you're not thinking quite logically, but you can't quite get it together enough to admitt it.

My youngest (3rd child) is 3 1/4 I have so enjoyed having a break and getting my body back. The best part has been just enjoying him without being worried about the next one on the way.

Amber said...

I'm right where you are.. minus the no AF for three years. I've finally got my body back after being pregnant or nursing (or both) for the last four years! That doesn't include fertility treatments either (since your body isn't really yours then either). Sigh... it's so nice. It's weird to think that Cori wil be the baby for a while... but nice too.

Millie said...

LOL @ Surfing the Crimson Wave. Hubby calls it "riding the cotton pony."

I have these days too - Auntie Flo popped her ugly head back into my life not too long ago after giving birth to my youngest. I had to start keeping track of them on the calendar so I could pinpoint my "wigging out" time of the month.

Sucks being a girl sometimes.

Lee said...

I have had my body back for over two years now. It is good. Very good.
I hate AF seriously hate her. Glad I got rid of her once and for all!!