Friday, August 04, 2006

Five Things I Have Learned This Week

--I should never sweep the floor while my boys are awake. Because when I finish sweeping around the garbage can and move to other areas of the house, THIS suddenly appears. Funny how that happens. Do you know how hard it is to get tiny pieces of styrofoam off of the floor? The stuff sticks to everything. Not to mention Mini-Man thinks it is a culinary delight. The picture doesn't do it justice, probably because the pieces are so TINY that they are hard to photograph.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

--A-Boy is starting to talk in more than two-word sentences. Today I was making the bed and lifted up the sheet. "Are you tired, mom?" he asked, thinking I was just about to crawl into bed. "Nope, just making the bed look nice," I told him. "Oh, okay. Cool," he said, then ran off to play. And I smiled. It is so cute when he talks like he's so grown up. Now if he'd stop with those pesky tantrums we'd be just spectacular.


--The new Chocolate Chex Mix? Amazing. The Turtle flavor is probably the best snack food ever invented. It may sound gross and a little weird, but trust me. Run, don't walk, to the nearest grocery store and pick some up. You will be both grateful and annoyed at me for introducing you to such a wonderful and evil product. Try some. Like, right now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


--When you say something like, Carol Brady I Am Not you spark all kinds of interest in people. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone that responded. I read all your comments, I pondered all your comments. And you are right. I am learning that I don't need things to be perfect. It's okay to have bad days. The one thing that really stuck with me was what Heather said. (By the way, who are you, Heather? You aren't clickable and I wanted to click on you! You have good advice that should be spread with great bounty all around this land of blogdom!) She said that we shouldn't PLAN to be good moms, we should have the GOAL to be a good mom. Baby steps. I can do baby steps. Line upon line. Anyway, thanks you guys for all the kind words. And besides? Didn't Carol Brady have like, really awful hair? Ew.

--Tomorrow is the big day. My 5k. The one I have been training for since the end of March. At the first of this week I hurt my tailbone somehow and after going to the chiropractor decided it was not a good idea to run it. I cried a lot. I have been waiting for this day for so long and I am READY! But by Thursday evening my bum was feeling a lot less sore. I decided to try going on a short run to see if I could do it. I TOTALLY could. I didn't hurt at all. So, I am doing it. I am so very very very excited about the whole thing. I promise to let you know how it went the first chance I get. Hopefully Greg will take lots of pictures. And hopefully you won't judge the beautiful red face I get when I run. Seriously, its bad.

Wish me luck! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!!

7 comments:

Elozia Marie said...

Good luck on your 5K! I'm glad you're feeling better and up to it. And I agree - never clean floors when kids are awake. It usually backfires :)

let us know how your 5K goes!!!

Valarie said...

good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great since you can already run three solid miles and all. That chex mix sounds wonderful.

sheri said...

Yay!!! Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear/see how it goes! Maybe 1 day I'll set the same goal. Maybe not.
I'll have to try the Chex mix..sounds heavenly.
I agree...you have WAY cooler hair than Carol Brady any day.
We're suppose to clean our floors? Dang! (actually, I just finished spending 2 hours scrubbing out the runners of our sliding glass doors. I'm pretty sure they haven't been touched in the last 30 years. I got sick of the nastiness that ended up in Kelly's mouth all day. Gag)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Run fast tomorrow!

Alicia said...

Go Em Go!!! I'm so excited to hear all about the race! I would come watch....but alas we are contagious.

Thanks a lot for introducing me that that chex mix. My new pound of fat curses your name.

#6 thing you learned...don't hang out with Alicia and her germ infested children. I was serious when I said that if your children catch the plaque to send them over and I'll take care of them for awhile!

Mall Worker said...

Good luck tomorrow! I could never do it!

I think the sweeping thing is not just limited to little boys, my cats are notorious for doing that kind of thing too. Pretty soon, my little guy will be joining them!

Anonymous said...

I've been lurking for a little bit ;] I don't have a blog, otherwise I would have put it down. I'm glad I could pass along some good advice that someone gave me, it has helped me when all my plans have been shot to heck. I just have to remember what my goal is and go from there. Good luck on your 5K